Author's note: Mad props to Christopher Phelps for inviting me to write this essay; to Franklin Rosemont for passing along key documents, commenting on and correcting an earlier draft, and for his untiring support; to Cedric Robinson for forcing me to come to terms with Césaire's critique of Marxism in the first place; to Judith MacFarlane for her wonderful and exact translations; to Elleza and Diedra for cultivating the Marvelous. This essay is dedicated to Ted Joans and Laura Corsiglia with love and gratitude for our "Discourse on Theloniolism."
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Robin D. G. Kelley, Dead Labor , Monthly Review: Vol. 45, No. 8: January 1994
- Robin D. G. Kelley, Remapping the U.S. Left , Monthly Review: Vol. 40, No. 8: January 1989
- Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz, Not a Nation of Immigrants , Monthly Review: Vol. 73, No. 4 (September 2021)
- Zhun Xu, The Ideology of Late Imperialism , Monthly Review: Vol. 72, No. 10 (March 2021)
- Steven Kovacs, Lucia: Style and Meaning in Revolutionary Film , Monthly Review: Vol. 27, No. 2: June 1975
- - The Editors, Happy Birthday, Paul! , Monthly Review: Vol. 51, No. 11: April 2000
- Ron McCrea, Harvey Goldberg: A Conscience and a Catalyst , Monthly Review: Vol. 39, No. 11: April 1988
- Jack Weston, American Socialism Lives , Monthly Review: Vol. 42, No. 6: November 1990
- H. H. Wilson, Reflections on the Spanish Civil War , Monthly Review: Vol. 14, No. 5: September 1962
- John Mage, Michael E. Tigar, The Reichstag Fire Trial, 1933-2008: The Production of Law and History , Monthly Review: Vol. 60, No. 10: March 2009
- Rod Aya, Pre-Capitalist Modes of Production , Monthly Review: Vol. 29, No. 8: January 1978
- Raymond Williams, The Existing Alternatives in Communications , Monthly Review: Vol. 65, No. 3: July-August 2013
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.